How to apply:
1. Please have your picture (soft copy, preferably in JPG or PNG format) ready.
2. Please read the department wise eligibility criteria carefully.
3. The applicants should open the link (http://apply.iiserkol.ac.in/application) and properly fill the application form as instructed. The form can be opened and edited/corrected until the last date.
4. You must complete your application, incomplete application will be rejected.
5. Applicants should save the properly filled application form and take the printout after you finish and bring the signed copy at the time of interview if you are shortlisted.
6. Download the Recommendation Letter, bring this document at the time of interview. Recommendation should be in a sealed envelop.
Selected candidates for test/interview should bring a hard copy of application along with the required documents listed below at the time of test/interview:
Attested copies of mark sheets and certificates of all examinations starting from high school leaving certificate, two letters of recommendation (in sealed envelopes), photo identity and proof of age.
List of shortlisted candidates (based on merit, subject specialization and required research area) for interview will be published in the IISER-Kolkata website.
The Institute will not provide any TA/DA or accommodation for attending the interview.
The selected candidates will receive the offer letter containing also the last date for joining shortly after the interview.
Course Work and Laboratory rotation:
The Research fellows may have to do course work and laboratory rotations during first semester depending on which Department they join. The course content will be decided by the Department concerned for each student according to his / her need.