1. I did not take a printout of my application. What should I do?
Yes, you can take the printout of your application at any time. To take the printout, please click here.
2. I did not take a printout of my statement of purpose(SOP). What should I do?
Yes, you can take the printout of your SOP at any time. To take the printout, please click here.
3. Is there a prescribed format for recommendation letter?
Yes, there is a prescribed format for the recommendation letter which can be downloaded here: [PDF] [DOC]
. We need two letters from your teachers assessing your knowledge, aptitude for higher studies. These letters should be sealed and signed across by the recommender. It is important to bring these two letters during the interview.
4. Will I get any accommodation in IISER Kolkata during the interview?
Unfortunately, we are unable to provide accommodation to interview attendees at this point. However, the list of hotels near the campus could be
5. Is there any faculty member who is specializing in the topic of my interest?
Please go through the department wise listing of faculty members and find out the research interest that matches with yours. If you have specific questions regarding any scientific detail of the research, we encourage you to contact the faculty members directly to clarify your doubt.
6. When do I have my interview?
We do publish department wise listing of candidates shortlisted for interviews. In that list you will find the date when your interview is scheduled for.
7. Where do I go for my interview?
All our interviews are conducted in the Lecture Hall Complex at IISERK Main campus at Mohanpur. You will find the direction to reach campus gate number 7 from here
8. Do I have to bring photocopies of original documents?
We always recommend you to bring two sets of photocopies of the original documents.
9. What are the documents that I have to bring during the interview?
You should bring the following documents:
- Photo ID Proof
- Hard copy of application with signature
- Self-Attested copies of all the relevant academic records, such as mark sheets and certificates of all examinations starting from the secondary level
- Fellowship award letter / Admit Card + Result
- Two recommendation letters (in prescribed format) in sealed envelopes
10.Do I get transport allowance?
IISER Kolkata does not provide transport allowance for attending the interview.
11.Do I need to stay overnight for my interview?
Your interview will be over by 6 pm on the specified interview date. However, you need to account for the time it takes to reach Kolkata from Mohanpur before you plan your travel.
For any additional query email us at:
Dept. of Biological Sciences - dbs.phd.application AT iiserkol.ac.in
Dept. of Chemical Sciences - dcs.phd.application AT iiserkol.ac.in
Dept. of Earth Sciences - des.phd.application AT iiserkol.ac.in
Dept. of Mathematics & Statistics - dms.phd.application AT iiserkol.ac.in
Dept. of Physical Sciences - dps.phd.application AT iiserkol.ac.in
For general queries: phd AT iiserkol.ac.in