Applications for externally funded and IISER Kolkata funded PhD positions in Department of Earth Sciences (DES).
The Department of Earth Sciences (DES), IISER Kolkata is looking for bright and motivated students, who have completed their M.Sc./MS/M.Sc. Tech/M. Tech (with minimum of 55% marks
1) Geology/Applied Geology/Geophysics /Earth Sciences/Marine geology/Environmental Sciences/Environmental Studies/Atmospheric Science or any other branch of Geological sciences.
2) Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics/Biological Sciences/Computational Seismology/interested to pursue research with the DES faculty member in the matching specialization.
Final year post-graduate students who are yet to obtain their degree may also apply; however, they must have completed their degree at the time of admission. Some of the important information about this program is provided below.
Detailed PhD advertisement:Click Here
● PhD application portal opens: 22.09.2023
● Application portal closes: 19.10.2023
● Window for publication of shortlist for the Interview: 30.10.2023 to 02.11.2023
● Selection Interview window: 13.11.2023 – 17.11.2023
● Publication of PhD interview results: 11.12.2023
● Pre-registration portal opens: 18.12.2023
● Pre-registration deadline: 27.12.2023
● PhD Registration: 29.12.2023
Please note that fulfilling the minimum essential criteria does not ensure that a candidate will be called for the interview. Additional criteria for shortlisting might be set by the department based on academic records, experience and research interest of the candidates.Selection of various reserved category candidates will be as per the norms of the Government of India.
The departmental faculty profiles can be found at the URL: Click Here